- PDP Wants Governor Obiano Disqualified For Campaigning At Polling Boot
- #Anambra Decides: Ojukwu's Wife Celebrates APGA's Obiano Early Lead
- FORMER GOVERNOR OF IMO STATE SAYS OKOROCHA HAS FAILED IN LEADERSHIP
- INDIA'S CONTESTANT WINS MISS WORLD AFTER 17 YEARS
- GOVERNOR OF EKITI SUSPENDS COMMISSIONER FOR EDUCATION IN THE STATE
The Zamfara State Police Command has freed a Staff of Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Muhammad B-Kudu, kidnapped recently by gunmen at Tsafe Unit Command of the FRSC in the state.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the unidentified gunmen had on Sept. 21 invaded the Tsafe Unit Command of the FRSC in Tsafe Local Government Area of the state killing one officer, Hamza Mubarak and kidnapping the rescued victim.
The state Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Shaba Alkali, told NAN in Gusau on Monday, that since the abduction, the command did not relent until the safe rescue of the FRSC officer.
He said the officer was rescued on Sunday by a team of mobile policemen at Dandindin Village in Maru Local Government Area of the state.
Alkali said that though the gunmen escaped into the forest during the rescue operation, the command would continue to comb the area until all the criminals are arrested and brought to book.
“The FRSC officer was successfully rescued and brought to police headquarters, where he was formally handed over to the state FRSC Acting-Sector Commander,” the CP said.
He thanked members of the public for their support in giving relevant information that led to the dislodgement of criminals in the state.