- PDP Wants Governor Obiano Disqualified For Campaigning At Polling Boot
- #Anambra Decides: Ojukwu's Wife Celebrates APGA's Obiano Early Lead
- FORMER GOVERNOR OF IMO STATE SAYS OKOROCHA HAS FAILED IN LEADERSHIP
- INDIA'S CONTESTANT WINS MISS WORLD AFTER 17 YEARS
- GOVERNOR OF EKITI SUSPENDS COMMISSIONER FOR EDUCATION IN THE STATE
President Muhammadu Buhari has given the directive that all the 36 state capitals should be connected with rail in the ongoing railway projects.
The Minister of Transportation, Mr, Chibuike Amaechi, said this on Thursday at the meeting with the Chairman Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debts, Sen. Shehu Sani.
The meeting was attended by the Ministers of Finance; Budget and National Planning; and Power, Works and Housing was regarding President Buhari’s credit demand of 5.5 billion dollars.
Amaechi said the focal rail line project connecting several local communities of northern and southern Nigeria would be finished in June, next year.
According to the Minister, 17 coaches are expected to arrive in November and out of the number, 10 will be taken to Abuja-Kaduna rail line while the remaining seven will be deployed to the Itakpe-Warri rail line.
Amaechi said that part of the cash being requested for now for approval by the senate was to execute the rail projects covering Kano-Kaduna, and Lagos-Ibadan networks.