- Another Catholic Reverend Father Resigns From Priesthood
- FG Explains Why Sacked Ex Pension Boss Was Reinstated Despite Fraud Case
- European Union Denies Favoring Buhari Over Goodluck Jonathan During 2015 Elections
- Fayose Mocks Buhari For Reinstating Indicted Ex Pension Boss Into Civil Service
- President Buhari Returns To Nigeria After D-8 Summit In Turkey
Alvaro Morata has sent Chelsea fans an update on his hamstring injury after withdrawing from Spain’s squad earlier this week.
The 24-year-old striker, who moved from Real Madrid to Stamford Bridge in the summer transfer window, was forced off in the first-half of the side’s 1-0 defeat at home to Manchester City with a hamstring problem last weekend.
Morata has tests on the injury on Monday while away on international duty and it was discovered that the Spaniard had suffered a grade two hamstring strain.
It was initially feared that Morata could be out of action for at least six weeks but the forward is hopeful of being fit to face Crystal Palace on October 14.
Alvaro Morata is working his way back to full fitness at Chelsea (Picture: Instagram)
And on Thursday afternoon, the attacker uploaded an Instagram story of himself back in the gym on an exercise bike wearing Chelsea’s training gear.
Reports suggest Antonio Conte has been left furious with Chelsea’s board following Morata’s injury which highlighted the lack of attacking options in his squad at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues missed out on signing Fernando Llorente on deadline day, with the ex-Swansea striker opting to join Tottenham instead.