Chiwetalu Agu has issued a warning to the youths of the north, and this comes days after the northern youths coalition insisted that they were not going back on the quit notice issued to the Igbos living in the northern part of the country.
Recall that after a meeting with a former Governor of Abia State, Chief Uzor Kalu in Abuja last week, the coalition of Northern Youths Group said that the October 1, 2017 ultimatum given to Igbos living in the North to vacate the zone would remain unchanged.
“I do not also remember specifically saying we are going to finally withdraw the quit notice. No, certainly not. We have not,” said Shettima Yerima, one of the leaders of the coalition.
He continued, saying, “We will not in any way accept anybody who wants to undermine the unity of this country. We want those who want to remain and who believe in the unity of Nigeria to remain. But for those who don’t, they are free to go to their Biafra and stay there. For us, we want Nigeria and will remain in Nigeria.”
Now, Chiwetalu Agu has unleashed a tirade in response to the development. Speaking with Ugwimba TV, the veteran, who spoke entirely in Igbo, weighed in on the agitations for Biafra, warned the Hausas and Fulanis over alleged ‘ill treatment’ of Igbos in Nigeria, plus the controversial ultimatum.
Read the interpretation of the interview he gave:
“You the northerners, where were you when Igbos were building hotels and different things? Where were you people? You people were asleep,